THIRD FULL-TIME PASTOR
The Rev. Paul W. Ludwig, Jr., was installed in January 1957 as the third pastor of Christ Lutheran Church. He had previously served 5½ years at Grace Lutheran Church in Brenham, Texas, under his father’s guidance. He was a native of Kansas and a graduate of St. John’s College at Winfield, KS. He was also a graduate of Concordia Seminary, St. Louis. Rev. Ludwig holds a commission as 1st Lieutenant in the Air Force Reserves.
By 1956, Christ Lutheran Church had reached an active baptized membership level of 93, had a $9,000 annual budget for 1957, and church property appraised at $70,000.
In 1959, Rev. Ludwig entered the military chaplaincy service. The vacancy was partially filled by Chaplain Tom Klewin and the Rev. A. C. Bartz (retired). The Rev. Herbert Rast, pastor of Redeemer Lutheran Church, Fort Worth, served as the vacancy pastor for Christ Lutheran Church.